Mastering Japan Business, Book, Philippe Huysveld
Tag Archives: B2B sales in Japan
GBMC is honoured and delighted to present you the following Japan business seminar:
“ How to Export to and Market your Products in Japan”
More details (on Linked In) from:
or from our website:
Article published by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation:
1) in EU-JAPAN NEWS, in the Octobre 2014 edition of the Centre’s Newsletter.
Article to be found page 16 of the Newsletter:
2) permanently online, on the “EU Business in Japan” website:
In 2012, the EU-Japan Centre carried out a Survey of EU SMEs on their Internationalisation towards Japan (Source: In Search for Growth: Towards a New Role for SMEs in EU-Japan Relations, EU-JAPAN CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION 2013). The obstacles most often mentioned by respondents (126 European SMEs) were:
- Language barriers (55%),
- Difficulty to grasp business practices,
- Difficulty in understanding the local laws or regulations,
- Conforming to Japanese standards.
So, you have a “Homework” to do when approaching one of the most dynamic and challenging market in the world. Of course, you should and you could start reading a couple of books/papers about Japan (you will find some resources on the “Publications” Page of our website http://www.gbmc.biz), as well as taking part in various cross-cultural training seminars (which we also offer at GBMC) or executive training programs.
However, there is a quicker way to kick off your “Japan Project”. If you are a business executive of a company:
- approaching the Japanese Market,
- reviewing its options in terms of Japan Entry Strategy,
- already exporting to Japan (Indirect Sales) or,
- already established and doing business in Japan (Direct Sales).
MY ADVICE TO YOU WOULD BE THESE 3 WORDS: ” BUY MY BOOK ”
(after a quote from “Wall Street”, Oliver Stone’s movie)
It will save you a lot of time, research and money, as the base of what you need to know is summarised in one single place:
“The Ultimate Survival Guide for Business in Japan”
In this book, I show::
- That the Japanese Market is a great market to approach and that, provided the right methodology and marketing mix, there are great opportunities to seize in the long-term for foreign (EU) companies.
- That it is necessary to get familiar with cross-cultural differences and to understand better your Japanese clients, their country, their culture and their business system.
- How to market your products or services in Japan (B2C and B2B Marketing Guidelines).
- Which Entry Strategies are available to foreign companies to choose from and guidelines for selection.
So feel free to check the book details.
The eBook is available right now for sale on various e-commerce sites (KOBO/AMAZON/LULU/YOUSCRIBE/FNAC/RAKUTEN/IBOOK).
The useful links are provided on our website at the “eBooks” page:
WISHING YOU A PRODUCTIVE READING !!
Following GBMC’s successful WEBINAR performance on the same subject, webinar that took place on April 15th (Part 1) and April 23rd (Part 2) ( webinar recording and Powerpoint Presentation are available from:
the EU-JAPAN CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL COOPERATION has released our 60-pages Report on GET TO KNOW YOUR CLIENT AND ADAPT,
which can be downloaded (after registration) from the following link:
If interested or if you have further questions or comments, please contact us at GBMC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Webinar 09: Get to Know your Client and Adapt
How to Master B2C and B2B Marketing in Japan?
Many export managers have experienced over the years in which way Time, Quality, Reactivity and Service have another dimension in the Country of the Rising Sun. The interest of Japan Success Stories lays in what they usually showcase, that is, Persistence and Concepts like “Getting to know your Client” or “Adapt and Change”, more than in the very results achieved. In this webinar, we will give you some insight into the Japanese Market, as well B2C as B2B, and we will show you how to Adapt to the local specificities.
In the first part (B2C), we will speak about the Retail Market, the traditional “Japanese Consumer Mindset”, the changes in Japanese Consumer Behaviours and the growth of the Internet Retail Market. Further, taking from our experience and from over 50 EU Success Stories in Japan, we will make recommendations for your B2C Marketing Mix in Japan. In the second part (B2B), we will make an overview of Japan’s B2B Universe from a regional, a national and a global point of view. We will speak about Private B2B Directories, Public tenders, the Reconstruction Process, as well as about the governmental policy of Industrial Clusters nationwide, as potential sources of business opportunities. Finally, we will make recommendations for your B2B Marketing Mix in Japan.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies exporting to Japan (Indirect Sales) or to EU companies already established and doing business in Japan (Direct Sales).
Registrations are open until the 11/04/2014 included.
What you will learn during this webinar?
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover:
- How the traditional “Japanese Consumer Mindset” is changing?
- Where are the opportunities in the Internet Retail Market?
- How to adapt your B2C Marketing Mix?
- How to look for online opportunities in Japan’s B2B Universe?
- How to adapt your B2B Marketing Mix?
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Philippe HUYSVELD, Senior Consultant & CEO, GBMC (Global Business & Management Consulting)
Organiser: EU-JAPAN CENTRE for Industrial Cooperation – EU-based Office (Brussels)
If interested, please register at the Centre: http://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register
Long-term B2B Sales Strategy in Japan:
“Outside one’s confort zone – in the Country of the Rising Sun”.
GBMC Article published in pages 5 and 6 of “Trade Flows and Cultural News”, the BJA (Belgium Japan Association)
Newsletter (December 2013 edition):